The 2020 United States Census is completed every ten years to collect an accurate count of the number of people at each address. The census results affect our voice in government, financing programs in our schools, city agencies, protective services, and health care facilities here in Weymouth. Your responses to the 2020 Census are safe, secure, and protected by federal law. Your answers can only be used to produce statistics - they cannot be used against you in any way.
Fact Sheets—Multiple Languages Fatos traduzidos, Hechos traducidos, حقائق مترجمة
The Timeline for the 2020 Census is as follows:
• From March 12: Households will begin receiving official Census Bureau mail with detailed information on how to respond to the 2020 Census online, by phone, or by mail.
• From March 30 through April 1: The Census Bureau will count people who are experiencing homelessness over these three days. As part of this process, the Census Bureau counts people in shelters, at soup kitchens and mobile food vans, on the streets, and at non-sheltered, outdoor locations such as tent encampments.
• April 1 Census Day is observed nationwide. By this date, every home will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census. Once the invitation arrives, you should respond for your home in one of three ways: online, by phone, or by mail. When you respond to the census, you'll tell the Census Bureau where you live as of April 1, 2020.
• In April Census takers will begin visiting college students who live on campus, people living in senior centers, and others who live among large groups of people. Census takers also begin conducting quality check interviews to help ensure an accurate count.
• From May to July Census takers will begin visiting homes that haven't responded to the 2020 Census to help make sure everyone is counted.
We will be sending regular reminders about this vital count. The links below will also provide a host of information on the 2020 US Census.
Please use these websites to learn more about the 2020 United Stated Census.