Thank you to our school administrators, Health Services Department, the Weymouth Health Department, the School Committee, and especially our school families as we reviewed the recently released federal and state guidelines, and developed WPS Fall 2021 Back to School COVID-19 Protocols.
As a general overview, our protocols include:
- Universal masking for all students, staff, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are not required outdoors on school grounds
- Masks not required while eating or drinking
- Masks not required during mask breaks
- Vaccination most effective prevention strategy
- Testing: Test and Stay
- With parental consent (click here to opt in or out of testing in school) students who are considered close contacts to a positive confirmed case can take a rapid test in school every day for 7 days. As long as the child continues to test negative for COVID-19, they can continue participating in school, athletics, and all extracurricular programs.
- Diagnostic Testing
- Limit Close Contacts
- Classroom structure and layout to resume to pre-COVID fashion
- Extracurricular programs and activities to resume
- Athletics returning with recommended guidance from MIAA
We strongly encourage our families, and staff, to review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) which will be continuously updated throughout the start of the school year to answer questions and provide you with the most useful information.