Suggestions for Juniors
1. Provide your email address to your guidance counselor so that the counselor can keep you informed of helpful information and deadlines.
Juniors A-Caz - Mr. Carter - firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors Cb-Dox - Ms. Clancy - email@example.com
Juniors Doy-Haz - Mr. Woods - firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors Hb-Macc - Mrs. Dornisch - email@example.com
Juniors Macd-Nez - Mrs. Powell - firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors Nf-Sha - Ms. Brennan - email@example.com
Juniors Shb-Zz- Mr. Powers - firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Plan for and register for the SAT - sign up and register by visiting http://www.collegeboard.com
Use the CEEB code 220745 to have your scores sent to Weymouth High.
To register for the May 1 SAT exam, you must register by March 31.
To register for the June 5 SAT exam, you must register by May 5.
N.B. - Students planning to attend some colleges and universities may need to take one or more SAT subject tests. These may not be taken on the same day as the SAT. Check with the college's website or see your counselor if you are not sure if your college requires SAT subject tests.
3. Register (free) for the virtual college fair at http://www.collegeweeklive.com The virtual college fair will be held on March 23 and 24. This is a great way to learn about colleges all across the country. You can merely observe and learn or you can participate in live chat sessions. Many sessions are recorded if you are unable to view them live.
4. Begin to think about a half dozen schools (or more) that may be of interest to you. Plan to visit a few colleges during April vacation. There are many colleges close to us including Boston schools like Boston College, Boston University, Suffolk, UMass Boston, Emerson, Northeastern etc. to other more suburban schools like Curry, Stonehill, Lasell, Bridgewater, Endicott, etc. You could also plan to visit some more distant schools or even schools out of state. Begin to plan visits to colleges during the summer as well.
5. Sign in to the Naviance website http://connection.naviance.com/fc/signin.php?hsid=weymouth to begin to learn more about yourself by completing personality and interest tests. You can also begin to search for colleges by indicating areas of study (majors) that you plan to study in the future. You will need your personal password to be able to save your results in Naviance. You have received this password. See your counselor if you need assistance.