Business and Entrepreneurship Academy
Imagine your future. Do you see yourself . . .
• event planning and organizing corporate activities?
• taking risks on the floor of the Stock Exchange?
• working in sales and interacting with customers?
• designing a national advertisement campaign for Nike?
• becoming a Certified Public Accountant?
• becoming a financial planner?
• managing the career of a top athlete or recording artist?
• working in the fashion merchandising industry?
• becoming a recreation director or an athletic director?
• owning your own business?
Every career is part of a business. In the competitive 21st Century marketplace, the nature of business is competition; the versatility of a business background will make any student more marketable. Taking courses along the business pathway will provide a foundation of critical thinking, economic and consumer understanding, and, just as importantly, employability skills. Students will be equipped with the skills to critically analyze business opportunities, utilize technological solutions and create businesses that provide the goods and services for our ever-changing world.
The Weymouth High School Business and Entrepreneurial Academy will build on the core 21st century skills by fostering communication, collaboration, and critical thinking. With real-life activities and experiences in finance, marketing, technology and economics, students will gain an understanding of business operations, will explore the advantages and challenges of entrepreneurship, and will be prepared for future academic, business and professional endeavors.
Career exploration available in this academy:
• Sports Management
Business and Entrepreneurship Academy Requirements:
• Junior Year – Business required credits 1.5 credits
• Senior Year – Business required credits 1.5 credits
• Career Pathways electives 1 credit
• Business Capstone – Business Plan 1 credit
Total Credits upon completion of Academy 5 credits
To view the WHS Program of Studies - Click Here