Child Family Community Engagement Grant
The Child Family Community Center is funded through the Massachusetts Department of Education and is administered through the Weymouth Public Schools. The CFC helps to improve the availability and quality of early child care and education and make it more affordable for working families.
To apply please select the application form here: Application Form
- Increase the affordability and accessibility of programs for children 2.9 years old-5 years old and not eligible for kindergarten.
- Provide comprehensive services for children of working families
- Enhance collaboration among families, community programs, private and public school early childhood programs, business and other organizations concerned with children.
- Provide early childhood program and services that are high quality.
- Conduct community outreach to ensure that children of working families are offered opportunities that meet their needs.
Programs and Services:
- Tuition assistance for early care and education in existing programs for eligible families for children 2.9 years old-5 years old and not eligible for kindergarten is provided.
- The CFC Council provides the opportunity for parents, early childhood professionals from the public and private sectors, business and other organizations concerned with children and families to collaborate on programs and services.
- Literacy programs are conducted through the evening Preschool Pajama Story Hours with community early childhood programs at the Weymouth Town Library.
- Activities are held for families of preschool children including an annual Early Childhood Fair.
- Resources on early childhood education are available for families.
- A Weymouth Early Childhood Program Directory is published to help families find early childhood programs.
- Workshops for parents on early childhood education and child development are conducted.
- A Parent Resource Collection at the Weymouth Tufts Library funded through the grant provides information for families on child development and special issues.
- Professional development opportunities are sponsored for staff in the private and public sectors.
For Information about the Child Family Community Engagement Grant please contact:
Maura Perez, Coordinator
Johnson Early Childhood Center
70 Pearl Street
N. Weymouth, MA 02191
Telephone: (781) 340-6098
How To Find Child Care Programs in Weymouth
- Information about private early childhood center based, family child care and Head Start Programs are posted on the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care website
- The WCPC publishes a directory of all private and public school Early Childhood Programs in Weymouth as a public service. Copies may be found at all the branches of the Weymouth libraries or at the Johnson Early Childhood Center, 70 Peal Street, Weymouth.
- Information about the MA Department of Ealry Education and Care (EEC) Preschool Learning Experiences may be found on the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care website by clicking here