Weymouth Special Education Advisory Council
2010-2011 Meeting Schedule
Annual Child Find - SPED
Basic Rights Workshop Flier
Weymouth’s Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is an all-volunteer town-wide group of parents and guardians of students with special education disabilities. SEPAC has joined forces with Town Wide Parent Council (TWPC) to promote equal access to educational opportunities, exchange ideas, and share solutions to both complex and challenging issues facing all children in our schools and community.
SEPAC aims to :
Inform parents of their rights, education laws and regulations that impact their children.
- Serve as a resource for information about the special education process.
- Promote a network of parents and guardians of students with special needs and provide a local forum to share information.
- Promote a community wide understanding of the issues influencing special education.
- Foster collaboration within our schools and our community.
- Encourage full access and inclusion for all Weymouth students.
SEPAC announcements are displayed on the Weymouth Educational Channel 22, posted in the Weymouth News and the Patriot Ledger
Consider joining SEPAC if:
- You want to share your knowledge and expertise of special education issues with other parents;
- You want to work with School Administration and School Committee toward solutions for all students with special education needs in Weymouth
- You live in Weymouth and your child receives special education services; You think your child may have some learning issues or differences that are not being addressed;
- You are just learning about the special education process and want to understand your rights;
- You need to learn more about special programs, workshops, local and community resources for youth with disabilities.
c/o Weymouth Schools
111 Middle Street
Weymouth, MA 02189